Welcome to the Seaside Piecemakers website.
Explore the site to learn more about the educational and social programs our guild offers.
Our venue for General Meetings is at the Azan Shriners. We will be required to wear a mask and socially distance. The venue holds 400 but we are limiting it to about 150. That gives us plenty of room for 6 feet apart chairs and tables with your favorite things.
Azan Shriners – 1591 West Eau Gallie Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32935
Hope you are all staying safe at home and getting lots of sewing done! Remember to clean and oil your machines more often as you use them more
Ready for Life
Community Service was contacted by Ready for Life to provide quilts to young folks leaving the Foster care system going out on their own. Jeannette Giarino, a member of SSPM, has taken the lead on this project. If you would like to help we are asking for lap size and toddler quilts. Please contact Jeannette or me, Kathy, if you have a quilt to donate.
If you would like to make quilts for Community Service the size for children’s quilts is 40 x 50 and for adults 40 x 60. That makes it easier for us to make backings, 40 inches allows us to use width of fabric for backings.
Thanks Donna Banta & Kathy Oas, Co-chairs
Seaside Piecemakers Guild has a limited number of fabric face masks, of several sizes and styles, hand-sewn by its members. They are available free of charge to health and community organizations. While they are not COVID19 compliant, they offer some protection and may be used with a filter for better coverage. Please contact Kathy Oas by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and give name and location of organization, # needed, and type of use (patients, doctors, staff, etc). Seaside Piecemakers is proud to help the community with its sewing expertise.
Non-members are welcome to attend up to three general meetings per year. Please check our calendar and note that a $10 fee is charged when the program scheduled is a national teacher. We look forward to seeing you!
If you are already a member of the guild, use the menus near the top of the page to learn more about:
- National teachers scheduled to teach at upcoming meetings
- Our vibrant Member Teacher class offerings
- Circle activities
- Community Service
- Visit the Photo Gallery in case you missed a recent Program or Show and Tell
- Download Check Request form for end of year reporting.
If you’re not already a member, consider getting to know us better by:
- Visiting one of our meetings
- Joining us for classes — with a national teacher or one of our member teachers
- Participating in one of our nine circles or community service events
- Keeping your eye on our Calendar
- Apply to become a member by filling out the application form below and emailing it to SSPM.email@example.com