Time for Friendship, Fun, and Learning
Wednesday, April 7th and Thursday, April 8th , 2021
Azan Shriners Center – 1591 W. Eau Gallie Blvd.,
Melbourne, FL Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm each day
- COST: $35 FOR 2 DAYS (one price only) No refunds
- Signups for the event will be January 27th and February 24th at Seaside Piecemakers general meeting. Members Only!
If we have room guests can sign up in March.
- Set up each day from 8:30am to 9am. Pack up each day from 4pm to 4:30pm
- Lunch daily from 12noon to 1pm. Bring a brown bag lunch and drink. Refrigerator can be used to keep items cold.
- Coffee will be provided in the AM.
For more information, contact Mona Collins or Carol Bloomberg
To register, attend either our January 27 or February 24 meeting at Azan Shriners,
- Large Raffle for Quilt and Quilt Rack – Tickets 6 for $5 or 14 for $10
- Tickets for large raffle will be on sale with items displayed at February and March general meetings
- Smaller raffle for gift items – Tickets 2 for $1 or 12 for $5.
- Raffle tickets will be drawn on Thursday at 4pm. .
- Supply List will be emailed after class sign up.
- Kits may need to be purchased for some classes, information will be on signup sheets.
- Community Service and Quilts of Valor will have quilt kits, blocks, or patterns available at the event.
There will be a sharing table for snacks and treats
|English Paper Piecing - Julie Wolf
Learn EPP, tips and tricks for beautiful blocks, start with hexagon flowers and explore new shapes. More than a Grandmother's Flower Garden!
|Quilt: Trip around the Block - Marjorie Mulla and Mary Nielsen - All Day Class
|Free Motion Quilting - Grid Work - Laurel Merrill - All Day Class
Work on your own project
Quilt: Trip around the Block - Marjorie Mulla and Mary Nielsen - Continued from morning session
Fun and interactive way to build block kits. Turn the tables & demonstrate piecing traditional blocks in a non-traditional way. Result in individual blocks inspired by vintage pattern
Thread Play Clutch Bag - Diana Whitson
|Clutch decorated with thread play, easy zipper application, finished with no raw edges. Useful in many ways. Uses 1/4 yard each for outside and lining.
|Palm Leaf Placemats- Cathie Hadfield and Laura Parkel
Foundation piecing using non-woven mesh. 18 large pieces, easy to see and goes together quickly.
Free Motion Quilting with Rulers - Lynn Herndon
Teaches the basics of free motion quilting with rulers. Practiced on project, 9-Patch wall hanging or Placemat (To be determined)
Work on your own project
In addition to classes, you will have the following options will be available in the center area of the auditorium throughout The Gathering:
For those who would like to work on their own projects
It's always fun helping make quilts for the community and improving your skills at the same time
Make red, white and blue quilts for veterans. Please bring the following supplies:
- Sewing machine
- Neutral thread
- Rotary cutter